Architectural Technician FULL TIME
MRD London LtdJob Details
We are looking for an Architectural Technician who will ideally have at least two to three years’ experience to expand our small team due to recent increased workloads.
MRD London is a small, successful interior design practice specialising in commercial office design. Our experienced and efficient team concentrate on creating unique, tailor-made commercial interiors for a wide range of clients from FTSE100 companies to small start-ups. We are located near London Bridge and many of our client sites are based in the City of London.Requirements
· Appropriate qualification either a HNC/HND, BA, BSc or equivalent in Architectural Technology
· · An in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD and Sketch Up with at least two to three years’ work place experience
· · Confidence in preparing, planning and working drawing packages; to an exceptional quality
· · Excellent communication skills with a fluent and high standard of both written and spoken English
· · Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of UK planning and building regulations
· · Ability to coordinate design and construction information from contractors and suppliers
· · Willingness to communicate with clients, contractors and suppliers during construction and to attend site visits when necessary
· · Good working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft software
· · Capability to produce detail drawings independently
· · Ability to multi-task and manage your own workload
· · Confidence and willingness to take on responsibilities
· · Ambition to expand present skills and accept new challenges
· · Availability and willingness to work extra hours as and when required
· · Eligible to live and work in the UK
· Immediate start
· Photoshop and InDesign
· Basic surveying skills
· Good IT ability and readiness to troubleshoot when necessary
· Good working knowledge of how to navigate around our various client bases across central London (and occasional out of London visits)
· Adaptable, flexible, reliable and punctual
· Good personal skills and ability to work within a small team
· Friendliness, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude
· Keen eye for detail and strong work ethic
· Have initiative and motivation to succeed
· Confident in dealing with suppliers and conversing with clients
· Willingness to pitch in when needed- from answering the phone to tidying the office!
Application deadline: 3rd May 2017How to apply
How to apply
If you feel you are an ideal candidate please send your CV, a covering letter (no longer than 2 sides of A4) outlining how you meet the requirements for this position and your salary expectations as well as a selection of your work (no bigger than 5MB) to email@example.com .
Please specify ‘Architectural Technician Position’ in the subject line of your email.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
We regret that we will not consider working with agencies to fill this vacancy.