Experienced Part-II/III Architect – Native German or Native French speaking at Red Deer FULL TIME
Red DeerJob Details
Red Deer is looking for a talented, motivated and creative Part-II/III Architect to join its growing London practice.
Red Deer is an architectural and design practice that works on unique commercial and residential spaces as well as installations and products. We like to be involved in all aspects of design – from architecture within the space to interiors, including furniture, lighting and soft furnishings.
Within this framework we have a need for a job-running architect for exciting new international projects.
The ideal candidate will have excellent design skills, strong construction knowledge, and most importantly a positive ‘can-do’ attitude with a willing to take responsibility, solve problems and show leadership. Completed project and job-running experience essential. You will be given autonomy in timekeeping, flexibility and design input on large scale architectural projects.
- To prepare, design, develop and edit drawings, models, images and other documentation relating to the project(s)
- To take on job running responsibilities
- To attend and run site meetings and office meetings with clients, contractors and others affiliated with the project(s)
Qualities, skills and experience desired:
- Evidence of a good design understanding, e.g. a good design portfolio
- Evidence of previous experience working on a range of projects, including both residential and commercial for at least two years
· If German speaking, minimum two year’s experience in Berlin and fully licensed BDA Architect in Germany (The role will require travel and working between London and Germany)
· If French speaking, experience working in France/French speaking and HMNOP desirable. (The role will require travel and working between London and French Island)
· Proficiency in Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
· SketchUp, Rhino and V-Ray skills are an advantage
· Source and specify furniture and finishes
· Work alongside suppliers, fabricators and manufacturers to procure specialist items
· Well organised with good time-management
· Ability to work well under pressure, and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively budget
· Excellent technical skills with an eye for detail
· Good communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Minute writing and experience on site
- An interest in sustainable issues
- An interest in artistic, moral and cosmic issues
This job description reflects the core activities of the role and there will be changes in the emphasis of duties from time to time. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognise this and adopt a flexible approach to work.How to apply
Please email CVs and samples of work, no larger than 5MB
Application deadline: 26 November 2017