Interior Architect Junior
MASS BeverlyJob Details
We are looking for someone to join our team and work on all aspects of design projects from start to finish under the direct supervision of Founder & Senior Architect Principal at our high-end retail showroom in the West Hollywood design district. We are looking for someone who is a team player that is willing to take on small and large tasks alike, is a self-starter and can multi-task.
Primary tasks to include all aspects of the design process: from initial client consultation, to product sourcing and installation. Daily tasks to also include calendar management, proposal and invoice preparation, project management, technical drawings, drafting, sourcing, client and vendor meetings, construction management, initial concepts, installations, problem solving, drafting proposals and maintaining of delivery schedules.
The candidate must have high-level AutoCAD skills with experience with construction documents to support principal in combining architectural interior design with interior décor – interest in mill work, fixed furniture and design is necessary.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Assist on projects through all phases of design through installation, including CAD drawings, sourcing, ordering, confirmations, delivery updates to create a project timeline and maintain project binders that document all changes made to each project – handling multiple projects simultaneously
· Assist with producing all necessary architectural drawings, including plans, elevations, sections, RCPs and finely detailed millwork drawings (full construction drawing sets)
· Organize and coordinate drawing sets with project team consultants (architect, lighting designer, MEP engineers, etc)
· Placing, confirming and managing vendor orders for projects by creating invoices, confirming orders and ensure confirmation with manufacturers
· Create custom quotes, purchase orders based on approved CAD drawings
· Assist with coordination of architectural specifications and assembling of detailed specifications for client, contractors and Senior Architect Principal
· Assist in managing contractors, coordinating schedule and installations
· Be responsible for providing weekly status reports and to be prepared to discuss the status of all orders on all projects to Senior Architect Principal
· Manage Dropbox for Senior Architect Principal’s projects to be updated with all with all plans, CADS, spec sheets, timelines, etc
· Coordinate with project team on all aspects of project schedule to ensure working flow for Senior Architect Principal
· Prepare, attend and document all meetings with Senior Architect Principal
· Scan and filter Senior Architect Principal’s emails to ensure prompt follow-up to client, contractor, vendor requests
· Maintain calendar for relevant showroom events, installs, vendor visits and arrange meetings / appointments + reminders
· Arrange travel in conjunction with the installation / business needs of Senior Architect Principal
· Obtain and organize quote database for any fixed furniture needs (bathroom / kitchen / closet installation, wall coverings, floor coverings, etc)
· Maintain updated vendor library on Dropbox for relevant vendors to include all finish samples, catalog, price list, images
· Handles errands as necessary
This is a full-time position (40 hours) working 5 days a week.
Salary depends on experience (DOE).
Full-time benefits start after a 90-day probationary period.
Showroom hours are M-F 10AM-6PM, Sat 11AM-6PM.Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required
· At least 2 – 3 years design experience at a high-end design firm and / or design education background or Italian fixed / loose furniture showroom experience
· Experience in construction processes and work-streams
· Highly detailed and organized individual
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, as well as be organized, punctual, highly motivated and flexible / adaptable
· Excellent verbal and written English language skills
· Critical thinker & problem solver
· Ability to work with many different people on each project
· Proficiency in Auto-CAD required; Sketch Up, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign a plus
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Google Docs
· Experience working with design software such as Studio Webware or a similar program
· Must have the skill set and motivation to take ownership of projects and see them from start through installation
· Ability to manage multiple projects at once and execute on tasks with limited guidanceHow to apply