Remote Systems Engineer / DevOps (Berlin, Zürich)
Architonic Service GmbH, Berlin, GermanyJob Details
We’re looking for a System Engineer/DevOps – junior level with experience on Linux, and AWS, the cloud provider. You’ll be part of an awesome international Operations team, participating in main technical decisions, shaping the projects you work on, and transmitting your technological vision.
About our Stack
High-traffic sites like Architonic / ArchDaily demand a lot of research and scaling capabilities. In order to do that, we’ve developed an environment where we can safely test, deploy and operate our applications to ensure we can deliver the best content in a fast and reliable way.
We manage about 50+ servers, some of them placed as classical instances and others managed by AWS EKS in several AWS regions. Tools like Ansible, CloudFormation, and Shell scripting, are heavily used.
Kubernetes is one of the main components to serve the traffic and to run tasks. Currently, more than 25 applications are running to handle the content delivery for ~18 million visitors from the globe every month.
GitHub Actions is our CI/CD (for production/staging environments). We’re in the last mile (finally) to remove Jenkins. Log management is done using Loki and Grafana, in addition to AWS CloudWatch Logs.
What do we want from you?
We’d like to hear from you about the stacks you worked in, what are your interests / what’d you like to learn in these coming months and how can you contribute to the team.
Your key responsibilities:
– Collaborate to keep our infrastructure and its underlying services up and running.
– Understand application’s lifecycle, from development to production.
– Help developers to release their code faster, providing infrastructure support for environments like development, staging, production.
– Automate wherever is possible to reduce toil and to increase reliability, efficiency, and happiness.
– Be able to discover, understand, collaborate and troubleshoot in case of system failures.
– Understanding main AWS products like EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront.
– Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers and services like nginx, systemd, cron, php, elasticsearch.
– Some experience with Shell scripting, particularly bash.
– Ability to build and monitor services on production servers.
– Proficient in English, both spoken and written. Communicate effectively.
– Ability to actively listen, collaboration, continuous learning and anxiety to know how things work.
Nice to have:
– Docker: Managing containers and images.
– Understanding of configuration management systems, such as Ansible.
– Experience in some of the programming languages and frameworks used by our developers, like Ruby on Rails, NodeJS – Typescript, Python, PHP – Drupal & Yii.
What we offer:
– Flexible working hours (except for meetings which may require some time-matching between Switzerland and Chile).
– Remote or office work: we have offices in Zürich, Berlin and Stuttgart or you can work from home or wherever you prefer.
– Start immediately or by agreement.
– Flexibility and a dynamic, creative environment.
The chance to be part of a brand with an international profile.
– Regular training and company events
Are you interested in learning more?
Please send your detailed application, including availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org